Compassionate Letter to One-Self
- All of us have feelings of inadequacy.
- Identify something about yourself that causes you to feel shame, guilt, to feel insecure, or not “good enough,” preferably something that is a source of privilege or disadvantage.
- Now think about an imaginary friend who is unconditionally loving, accepting, kind and compassionate.
- Write a letter to yourself from the perspective of this imaginary friend – focusing on the perceived inadequacy you tend to judge yourself for, from the perspective of unlimited compassion.
- After writing the letter, put it down for a little while.
- Then come back and read it again, and let the words sink in.
- Feel the compassion as it pours into you.
- See the resources in this web site:
This concludes the workshop, thank you for your participation. Please leave any comments you may have in the feedback section under the Work Shop exercises drop-down menu or click here.
If you are curious to know a bit more about the team of people behind this workshop navigate through The Team drop-down menu.