Our Complex Identity
- Think about your own identity
- Look at the Wheel of Diversity below and think about your own specific characteristics on each of the listed primary and secondary dimensions of your identity
- Think about the following questions:
- What experiences have helped you mould your secondary dimension characteristics?
- Are they related to your characteristics in the primary dimension?
- Are they sources of privilege and/or disadvantage?
- Consider that this wheel is just a guide towards visualizing your own complex identity and that there may be aspects of your identity that the wheel does not grasp
- Address aspects of your identity that you think fall beyond the simple categories provided
- This will help you keep moving towards a more complex conception of identity with areas of grey and areas that mix and overlap
Click here to proceed to exercise 5 Sonder from the Workshop Exercises drop-down menu.